20080411

what is irony?


is it Thomas Kinkade's painting entitled 'Heading Home'? Let's all give a round of applause to Modern Painters for bringing Kinkade into the Artworld dialogue. I have some plans for you mister Kinkade, but i'll save that proposition for another day. On a different note, I was walking down College Avenue the other day, passing by the thick cloud of sweetened udder-milk hibernating in front of Bittersweet cafe, when I noticed their sidewalk sign in my path. It clearly stated that Bittersweet is now "proudly serving Starbuck's coffee". I laughed a bit and then realized the genius behind the words. I then proceeded to walk through the rank dairy cloud and up to the front counter only to find out that it was all a straightforward joke. Perhaps there are no geniuses out there after all.

(kinkade's description of his piece: I did not choose to show the warrior's face in my painting of the homecoming veteran. The hero of Heading Home is not an individual at all; he is the essence of the American soldier. We cannot tell whether he returns from Normandy, from Saigon, from Beirut. In a sense, he has spilled his blood on all those fields of honor.) hm..............................

No comments: